I recently got nominated for The Sunshine Award by Fixing My Fear of Flavor! Thank you so much for the recognition and kind words!
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
1. 1 sugar or 2? 2! (duh)
2. Savory or sweet? Sweet!
3. What is your favorite book? I don’t have one, but I will tell you the last book I read was Drop Dead Healthy by AJ Jacobs.
4.Why do you blog? To help myself and others struggling to be creative with their meal plans.
5.Beach or mountains? BOTH! I love a hike in the woods and a day on the beach!
6.If you could bring sunshine to anyone today, who would it be? I would bring sunshine to a person who sees the most people in their day. Hopefully the sunshine would radiate even further.
7. What silly superpower would you have? Walking on water because wouldn’t that make me a god?
8. If you could morph into an animal what would it be? Cheetah
9.If you could hop on a plane to ANYWHERE right now, where would you go? Australia
10. Is this the silliest thing you have ever done? I’ve had my fair share of silly things so probably not. When I first got my push to start car, I left my car running and unlocked for an hour outside of Starbucks…
To keep the spirit going I nominate the following great blogs for their creative recipes and informative posts: eatmunchlove, rawfooddiaries, thecolorfulkitchen, thetexitarian, sugar&cinnamon, and cakesnbakes! These blogs are awesome- definitely check them out if you have a chance!
To participate, just follow the rules posted above! Here are my questions for others bloggers:
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?
- If you could travel to three countries for free, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite ethnic cuisine?
- Salty or Sweet?
- Favorite Food?
- If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
- What’s one thing you wish to do in your life?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Nut Butter Review
Honey Almond Butter: (8/10) A little too sweet for me. Tastes exactly like almond butter and honey, nothing extraordinary.
Maple Almond Butter: (8/10) Again, a little too sweet. Tastes like maple syrup and almond butter. No wow factor.
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter: (9/10) I was expecting something like Nutella, but this is so much better! You can actually taste the hazelnuts. I wish it was a bit creamier, but I’m not sure if this texture can be achieved without added preservatives and chemicals.
Acai Berry: (8/10) A little too salty for my liking, but overall a nice taste.
Berry Antioxidant: (10/10) Yum! I think this one and the blue algae were my favorite. I would definitely buy them both again. So delicious!
Blue Algae: (9/10) Sweet and you could almost taste a hint of the algae. I really liked this one.
Cashew Butter: (7/10) Has too plain of a flavor for me (as raw cashews do). I wouldn’t eat it on toast, but would incorporate it into recipes.
Sunbutter: (9/10) Yum! This tastes exactly like sunflower seeds and has a great consistency. Personally the taste is a bit too overpowering for me, and it’s a pain to try to recombine the oils in such a small package.